Presents or Presence?
December 25, 2014
Christmas is the time of year where we are focusing on buying gifts (presents) for family, friends and colleagues. I would like you to consider presence or being in the present moment as an ultimate gift (present) for yourself and others. What is the value of being present or offering your uninterrupted presence to another person. The value is not measurable from a financial or materialistic perspective but from a soul perspective. The quote: “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, gives a unique perspective on life. We must focus on nurturing our spirit, our unique collection of gifts and talents to fulfill our soul’s destiny. We all have a divine life purpose and by being present it affords you the opportunity to uncover it and have life with meaning. Developing a practice to become present is not difficult. The secret is the practice and not trying to be perfect.
Benefits of being present:
- Facilitates potential for self healing-activates the internal physician we all possess
- Balances your nervous system
- Balances your hormonal system
- Creates a heart-brain connection
- Tap into the alpha state frequency of your brain-present moment (7-14CPS)
- Activate right brain hemisphere
- Activate intuition
- Activate creativity
- Inner conscious level
- Increases extra sensory perception
- Love based dimension
- Being versus doing
- Conscious control of our left brain-always want our brain to serve us not sabotage us
- Align with your true essence-love
- Reveal the interconnectedness of life
- Tap into the spiritual dimension
- The true compass of your life
- Key to unlocking your soul’s purpose-activating “insightful” action – the being in the doing
- Connection to God, Divine, Universe, or Source
How to become present? Some simple practices you can evoke:
- Breathing-try breathing in for a count of 4 and out for a count of 8
It’s of great importance to choose being present for both yourself and others. Consider how being present will transform your life. Consider the impact on your health and wellbeing. Consider the impact on your relationships. Consider your contribution and service to humanity.
Choose presence — Be Still — free of fear and attachment!