Follow Your Heart
November 17, 2014
We have all heard or said, “Follow your Heart”. It is a common expression and with scientific advances/research we now know it must become your way of life. Following your heart must be a priority. The heart can not play second fiddle to the mind and much has been discovered over the past two decades uncovering the heart’s primary role in the mind-body connection.
The following are important new findings about the central role of the heart in facilitating the mind to function at it’s highest level.
- The heart communicates to the brain and the body in four ways including:
- nervous system connections
- hormones produced in the heart itself
- biomechanical information via blood pressure waves
- energetic information from the strong electrical and electromagnetic fields.
- There are 40,000 sensory neurons relaying information to the brain from the heart leading researchers to call the heart the “little brain”.
- There is actually more information sent from the heart to the brain on a daily basis via these 4 means of communications than vice versa. The neurons within the heart enable the heart to learn, remember, and make decisions independent of the brain’s cerebral cortex.
- The heart emits an electrical field 60 times greater in amplitude than the activity in the brain and an electromagnetic field 5,000 times stronger that of the brain.
- The electromagnetic field of the heart is so strong that it not only can be measured anywhere on the body (such as an EKG with electrodes on the ankles and wrists) but also about 10 feet outside the body too.
- The electromagnetic field of two individuals (human or pet and human), touching or within a few feet of each other, can interact so that energy activity in the heart of one individual is measured in the brain waves of the other.
- The electrical activity of the heart and the brain can be guided into a synchronous electrical rhythm easily measured and displayed by simply focusing on positive and loving emotions emanating from the heart. This state, called “coherence” is associated
- peak performance- professional , personal, athletics
- lower blood pressure and cortisol levels
- improved immune system function
- higher cognitive function
- improved creativity
- increased intuition
- improved health
We are often locked inside our heads (the mind chatter) with habitual patterns that rein in our emotions and dismiss our intuitive abilities. When we lead with our mind our heart’s intelligence and messages are ignored resulting in a separation from fulfilling your life’s purpose. Tapping into our heart’s potential gives us the opportunity to unlock our natural gifts and talents by unleashing the power within.
The science now supports activating your heart’s intelligence. The true magic of HeartMath® techniques is that they are simple and practical and assist you in creating the life you want – aligning you with what matters most!